Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology
Qualifications:Rush has experience in assessing risk of self-harm/suicide, assisting with managing psychotic symptoms, providing counselling, and evidence based intervention in relation to depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and sleep issues.
Approach to Therapy:Rush likes to use a person centred, and goal orientated approach, in order to assist the client in achieving their treatment goals.
Main Areas of Interest:
Rush's areas of interest and treatment lie in applying cognitive behavioral therapy, along with stress management, and relaxation strategies, to assist with depressive and anxiety symptoms. Furthermore, a solution focused therapy in order to achieve goals. Rush also has experience in managing and assisting clients who experience psychotic symptoms, and is able to provide coping strategies to assist them in functioning better in their daily life.
- Depression: Rush hasexperience in assisting clients in identifying thought and behaviour patterns that are making them depressed, and changing unhelpful thoughts into helpful thought patterns.
- Anxiety: Rush can apply relaxation strategies, and discuss stress management, and problem solving, evidence testing, to assist with clients’ anxiety symptoms.
- Sleep Issues: Rush discusses sleep hygiene strategies, and the interaction of a healthy body, and mind, to achieve good sleep.
- Stress Management: Rush can assist with identifying triggers for stress, and early warning signs which indicate the stress is dysfunctional, and teach helpful coping strategies.
- Psychosis: Rush has experience in assisting clients who experience psychotic symptoms, by assisting them to cope in their daily life, with helpful strategies.
Full List of Services Provided
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm