Child Psychologist Brisbane
What is it
Child psychology is a specialised area requiring a high level of training, education and work experience. Our team of Child Psychologists in Brisbane are highly trained and experienced in dealing with a wide range of issues and concerns.
For children this may include:
- Autism (ASD, Aspergers Syndrome)
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention Hyperactivity Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
- Child Behavioural Problems
- Learning Difficulties
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Panic Disorder
- Anxiety, Fears and Phobias
- Social Issues and Shyness
- Separation Anxiety
- Bed wetting
- Learning and attention difficulties
- Sexual Assault
- Assertiveness skills
- School Refusal
- Memory and attention
- Anger Management
- Aggressive behaviour
- Meal time issues and fussy eaters
- Behavioural problems and tantrums
- Self-esteem and self development
- Sleeping problems and nightmares
For parents and caregivers this may include:
- Parenting strategies
- Managing behavioural problems and tantrums
- Adjustment to being a new parent
- Adjustment for other children when new baby comes
- Marital conflict and separation
- Blended families
- Am I enough? ( single parent)
- What can I do if my child is being bullied?
Our Brisbane Child Psychologist's may use a range of evidence based therapy and interventions tailored to address the needs of your child. These may include:
- Art Therapy and Creative Therapy (Sandplay and Miniatures)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy,
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Parenting/ Family Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
The absence of information does not mean we do not provide the service you are looking for. Please contact our office on (07) 3256 6320 for further information. We offer appointments 6 days a week, and afternoon and weekend appopintments are available to reduce disruption with schooling.
We have several Child Psychologists in Brisbane available to work with you and your child. For further information please visit their profiles outlined below.
What it includes
An article on this issue is coming soon. If you think you are suffering with this condition or issue, the Psychologists listed to the right of this page work with this issue and can assist you to get back on track.
What we do
Please visit the Psychologist staff profiles for further information on what they do. You can either request an appointment online or book an appointment online direct with the Psychologist you choose.