Who We Are

As set out, by the Australia Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA), A Clinical Psychologist is one of the areas of Psychology which a Psychologist may be endorsed to practice.


A Clinical Psychologist undertakes an undergraduate psychology degree followed by a higher research degree at a Master or Doctorate level. A Clinical Psychologist undergoes a minimum of 6 years in university training followed by an additional 2-year registrar practice program totalling 8+ years.

What We Do

A Clinical Psychologist is trained in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of major mental illnesses and psychological problems. A Clinical Psychologist must practice according to the science practitioner model which requires that a Clinical Psychologist provides evidence based practice, and applys psychological theory and evidence based research to address complex clinical mental health problems. A Clinical Psychologist may be involved in the design and implementation of treatment strategies and evaluation of those outcomes. You may be asked to fill out a pre and post testing measure to determine the effectiveness of the treatment.

How a Clinical Psychologist can help


AHPRA Fact Sheet: Endorsement of Registration. 20 April 2010 file:///C:/Users/Kristie/Downloads/Endorsement-of-Registration-Fact-Sheet%20(1).PDF
Australian Psychological Society Document on Clinical Psychology https://www.psychology.org.au/public/clinical/ 
David H. Barlow (2014) Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders (5th Eds.) A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual. 


Kristie Clarke, Clinical Psychologist

Please visit the Clinical Psychologist staff profiles to the right for further information on what they do. You can either request an appointment or book an appointment online direct with the Psychologist you choose.


If you require additional information, please call our office on 07 3256 6320. Our mental health focused reception staff will be only too happy to assist you with your enquiry about our service and can suggest the most suitable Psychologist for your concern.